Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Kia amanti: both of my power seats quit working and the fuse is

my kia amanti is a 2005 and both of my power seats quit working and the fuse is good what is it
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

ok, there is a 30amp relay that you need to check. It is located in the engine compartment relay/fuse box. Swap it with the ABS relay next to it and see if they now work. If they do, buy a new relay. If they dont, then it is a possible fault in the BCM(body control module) and will absolutely require a factory scanner to diagnose

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we have already changed the fuse is this the same thing as the relay
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

this is different. the fuse for the power seats is in the passenger compartment fuse box under the dash. the relay is in the engine compartment fuse and relay box

was the one you replaced in the engine compartment or the passenger compartment?

look at the diagram I sent you. did you replace what I have highlighted or not?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it is
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
hi,

if you replaced the relay, then check the fuse in the passenger compartment fuse box, located on bottom of driver's side of the dash.

this shows the fuse location:

graphic

graphic
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

If swapping fuses doesnt get them to work, then you have no choice, other than throwing extremely expensive parts at it, but to take in for diagnostics with a factory scanner. it is a possible fault in the BCM(body control module) and will absolutely require a factory scanner to diagnose to determine if the BCM is bad or the power seat control computer that is in line with it, or a problem in the serial data connections