Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

2008 Kia: a brake light that went out..bulb..hatchback..tail light

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Kia Rio5 and have a brake light that went out. I have bought the replacement bulb but when I went to install it myself I could not seem to get the job done. I lifted the hatchback and removed the 2 screws on the inside lip which should have allowed me to remove the entire tail light piece. I then noticed that there is a third point where either there is another screw on the inside of the frame somewhere or maybe it's some kind of snap in device. I did not want to keep pulling so as to not damage the actual tail light. Could you please tell me what to do to finish changing my brake light bulb.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

sorry that you were not helped to this point. Unfortunately we dont have many experts on line that late at night. my apologies again.

If you still need directions and diagrams to help you out, please let me know, otherwise you can ignore this reply