Amedee, Kia Technician
Experience:  ASE Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Kia Rio LX I want to install a Performance Chip on My 2009

I want to install a "Performance Chip" on My 2009 Kia Rio. I would like instructions Picture if possible on locating the MAF connector and the wires from the IAT.

If your vehicle does have a mass air flow sensor, it will be located on the air intake assembly.

But it looks to me like you have a MAP sensor instead of a MAF sensor.

Here is a wiring diagram.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Found the same info on Kiatech is not located on the air intake assemble...and again I need to know the wire codes for the AIT

To be more specific, I really need to know the location and a description of the connector and the color codes of the wires for the IAT....I am really a novice but should be a simple install if I can determine the above.
Here is the locations. It is located on the intake manifold.

The map sensor and intake air temp sensor are the same sensor. The wiring diagram for this sensor is in my last post.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry to be a pain, the location is a definite winner but I was hoping for a Pin out for the facing connector Pin one being right and pin 5 being left and the AITs wires are 1and 2...anything to help Me locate the two wires from the aits...I don't want to splice into the wrong wires....We're almost there!!!
The intake air temp sensor signal wire is the green wire from the map sensor going back to the computer.

Here is a picture.

The 5 volt reference to this sensor is going to be the orange wire and the ground is going to be the blue wire. Here are the wire color codes for your vehicle.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok!!! to clarify...the chip needs to splice with AITS low sensor and also the AITS sensor...really sorry for putting You through it but I want to do it right!!! At least You're helping Me to understand!!!
It sounds to me like the sensor signal and then sensor gorund are the two wires you need to tap into.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks...think I'm on the right page....If I accept answer will I still have access to You on the same issue??? Going to do it in the morning early...would it be ok to wait???
Either way would be just fine. Even after you accept my answer, we can still continue this conversation if you have any further questions.