Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 years experience working on cars. I am also a factory trained Subaru and Nissan Tech.
2921078

KIA Sephia: sedan..dashboard..to replace a bulb somewhere

I have a KIA Sephia 2001 sedan and the light in the dashboard is not working. Is there a fuse for this or do I need need to replace a bulb somewhere?
Hi Sir or Madam Thank you for choosing JA, I will do my very best to assist you with your concern.
Hi there! Do other lights work like the ashtray light and the lights for the gear selector?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I just got the car so I'm not exactly sure what normal is for this car. It is a manual transmission so there is no light for the gear selector. The overhead lights are working but there is no light in the ashtray or glove box. The clock on the dashboard works and all the indicator lights come on when I turn the key. I tried adjusting the dashboard dimmer switch but there is no light on the instruments at all.

Ok, Good plan to start by checking the fuse. The catch is the fuse is actually also for the left rear tail light. It is located under the hood and is labeled Tail LH fuse. If the fuse is good, then it is likely a problem with the dimmer switch. check it out and let me know!
Thanks