Cardoctor69
Cardoctor69, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master

Kia SPORTAGE 2002 KIA SPORTAGE ALARM GOES OFF RANDOMLY. HOW

2002 KIA SPORTAGE ALARM GOES OFF RANDOMLY. HOW CAN I DISABLE IT BUT STILL HAVE DOOR LOCKS WORK?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Cardoctor69 replied 3 years ago.
Ok this entire issue is the drivers door lock actuator that's causing this issue affecting the alarm . This needs to be fixed or when it does fail you will have no power locks. This is the next steps. Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated . Have a safe and Happy Holiday!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK.....YOU DIDN'T answer the question.....or at least clarify....Do I need to replace the motor/actuator in the driver side door even though it mechanically works fine? The only one sticking is the LH passenger door.
If it's the passenger door that sticking you need to replace the passenger actuator . Sorry in your first post it said LH door which would be the drivers. So if it's the passenger door that sticks that actuator needs to be replaced. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated. Have a safe and Happy Holiday!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my first post said LH PASSENGER DOOR. If this actuator is replaced and the problem continues......back to the original question........How do I disable the factory anti theft alarm?
All you would need to do is disconnect the hood switch and the alarm can not set.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok.....and where is that?
There's a connector attached to the hood latch just remove that connector.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
please have someone answer who REALLY knows the 2002 Kia Sportage and my problem!
I told you the problem is the passenger door lock actuator . This needs to be replaced .Unless it's replaced the alarm will not function correctly . I have fixed this same issue numerous times . If you want to disable the alarm you still will have the door lock issue until the actuator is replaced.You can also check the passenger door switch to make sure it's not damaged . If it's is it will tell the BCM the doors open when it's closed and affect the door locks and alarm.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is only the one motor/actuator in the door...IS the "switch" included in that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Found my own answer.....You COULD have sent me to kiatechinfo.com......Thanks for trying
No its on the body of the car the switch.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
On the Front Driver side door Door?
On the body of the car is the door switch.
Cardoctor69, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master