Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

Kia Sorento EX How to replace the front passanger side door

Customer Question

How to replace the front passanger side door handle?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

Exterior Door Handle

Notice: There is no stand alone exterior door handle article authored by the manufacturer. Pertinent information can be found in the Door Removal and Replacement Article. Not all steps will be required. See: Front Door\Service and Repair
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That website did tell me anything
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.
You have to download the instructions, (sorry)
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.
Where it says, "click here to start download"...thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That told me how to take the door off. I need to know how to replace the exterior handle of the passanger side. The exterior door handle was snatched off my door. I still have the door handle for I don't know know it will work or if I will have to purchase a new one. Either way I just need to know how to put the exterior door handle on and it work
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.
Yes, when you get the door panel off you will see it. Take the bolts out, take the nuts off, unplug the connector, take it out.

1. Disconnect electrical connector.
  1. Remove door outer handle and key set.
  1. Remove remote control rod.

graphic

Remove door outer handle nuts (2) and bolt (1).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need to know how to connect all the parts and pieces to a 2006 passanger side front door. The exterior door handle was snatched off and thrown on the ground. There is nothing but a hole on the side of my car. I don't know if one on the ground will still work or if I need to purchase a new one. At this point I need to know how to put it back the way it was so I can see if it will work. And I need to how I would know if the door lock actuator is broken and needs to be replaced.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.

That's all the information that I have on it. Let me opt out and we can re list the case to see if there may be another expert who may have more. No need to reply as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly. Thank you for your patience.