Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2004 Kia Rio. The diagnostic code is P0758 - Shift

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Kia Rio. The diagnostic code is P0758 - Shift Solenoid B (electrical). Where can I order this part and is it something I can replace myself? Not sure - but is the replacement as simple as dropping the pan and replacing the solenoid?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 6 years ago.
Hi,how are you?The shift solenoid is located Near the front of the transmission,this will most likely be a dealer item.graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
But is this something I can change myself? And can I get to it if I dropt the transmission pan?
Hi,yes this is something you can change yourself,it is mounted on the front of the bell housing of the transmission.No need to drop the pan.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello - It turns out that there isn't a Kia dealer in Western Pennsylvania who has the ability to order a shift solenoid (H-02 solenoid, etc.). In fact, the parts people and mechanics seem to have no idea about what I am requesting. Is it possible that the part is labeled under another name?
Hi,no the name for it is the transmission shift solenoid.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there possibly a parts number? They claim that there is no part labeled a transmission shift solenoid.
I will see if i can locate part # XXXXX you and get back to you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Any luck with the parts #?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When speaking to the dealer, they mention a valve solenoid part. I'm wondering if this is what I am look for.
Yes,that's it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>Okay, I went to the Kia Dealer and had them run their own diagnostic. They gave me a detailed printout which shows pictures of the SCSV-B. Kia claims that this part is in the transmission and that I have to take it to a transmission place.</p><p> </p><p>The diagnostic reveals: DTC Strategy says that I should check the voltage range and that this could be caused by one of the following: open or short in circuit; faulty SCSV-B; faulty TCM.</p><p> </p><p>Is it possible that the shift control solenoid valve B is located inside the transmission?</p>