Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Kia owner since 1999, Kia repair since 1995. Have up to date Kia info

2002 kia sedona: instrument fine..fuses..continuity

Customer Question

radio and instrument cluster lights stopped working on my 2002 kia sedona
I have replaced the 10A fuse for the instrument lights and they now work fine. I have checked all the other fuses with my continuity checker and they are all fine. Is there someithing else I should check before ripping the dash apart to pull the radio? If I do pull the radio, does it have its own fuse within the radio?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.

The accessory fuse 10 amp and the radio fuse 10 amp. located in the engine compt fuse box.

See below.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
As I stated in my original question, I have already checked all the fuses - both in the engine fuse box as well as the fuse box by the driver emergency brake.
Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.

We have many that ask questions that are not aware that there are multiple power sources and we also do not know the mechanical aptitude of those asking questions, so please bear with me is if I seem to state the obvious to you. I start small then move to big. If you overwhelm some people with the first question, and they have no mechanical aptitude, the leave unhappy.

So you have verified you have continuity but did you verify Power to the fuses in question. If you did, then the next step is to pull the radio and verify power to the Yellow/Black and Yellow wire at pin's #1 & #2 with the key in the on posistion. If you have power to these pins, then you have a radio issue. If you do not, then you will need to back track. I attached a diagram below.