sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a Jeep Liberty 2012, the AC vents blow on the floor

Customer Question

Hi Dave,
I have a Jeep Liberty 2012, the AC vents blow on the floor and defrost but not the chest areas in the vehicle. Is there an inexpensive way to correct this
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

The most likely cause for this would be the mode door itself sticking, but it could be an actuator or control head problem. The actuator or control head wouldn't be expensive

Has anything been done to try to diagnose the problem?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
A local dealer trying to make a killing said they would have to remove the dashboard to repair for a mire $1200.00. Right????
Thanks for your response
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 days ago.

Yes, that's most likely correct. As I mentioned the mode door itself sticking is most likely the problem, which requires removal of the dash and replacement of the air distribution housing.