Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

CONSTANT BEEEEEEEEEEEP - dealer says seat belt sensor

Customer Question

CONSTANT BEEEEEEEEEEEP - dealer says seat belt sensor malfunction based on diagnostic. tried unplugging the seat belt sensor wiring harness near the center console .. still beeping.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: I suppose it's the sensor that senses when the seatbelt is fastened or not - dealer ran full diagnostic, don't have "codes" ...
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 1995 grand cherokee limited ... wouldn't mid disabling the "security" alarm either...
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i've been using my right hand to put tension on the cable/connector from the seatbelt to the wiring under the carpet near the center console .. worked for a few days .. now it's not ...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  eauto replied 1 month ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

Expert:  eauto replied 1 month ago.

If you brought it to a shop for diagnostics than they know the codes they just didn't relay that information to you? If so can you call the shop and ask them what the codes were?