Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Second opinion] My passenger seat does not recline or jump

Customer Question

Second opinion] My passenger seat does not recline or jump forward for someone to climb into the back Only slides
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: Jeep Wrangler 2012 Sahara edition
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fixing myself...first repaired the crossbar because it was broken...figured that was the problem Not the crossbar spins just fine, all parts seem correct I have taken the seat out, it's sitting in my garage...everything looks good, just can figure out which mechanism makes the seat recline
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that That's it! Ok!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for a cable or latch that is broken at the seat where the seat back at the bottom corners meet the seat bottom assembly.I have seen broken cables as well as damaged latches cause this fault here needing replaced.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Pete, thank you for your response. I have inspected the seat thoroughly and everything seems to be in order. I don't see anything broken or lose. I will send a few pictures this afternoon so you can see the actual seat and maybe direct me in the right direction of where to look for something.It would also be helpful to know what triggers the recline so I can see the mechanism work, or not work. What triggers the recline and what triggers the seat jumping forward? Where can I look for this mechanism to inspect if its working right?Will send pictures asap.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome

My info isnt showing me how the tilt and slide works on this model here unfortunately.You can send some pics later if you like so we can see if we can pinpoint this here.

Thanks Pete