Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have the abs light on and it doesn't want to turn off, Esp

Customer Question

I have the abs light on and it doesn't want to turn off
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Esp bas too
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: Jeep Patriot 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Patriot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried to remove all fuses and nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Eric replied 13 days ago.

HI,

That means that there is a hard fault in the abs system, from one of the 4 wheel speed sensors being faulty, yaw rate sensor faulty, faulty hydraulic unit or abs control module,, short in wiring harness, faulty wheel speed sensor reluctor ring.

The ONLY way to find out where the fault lies is to have the abs system scanned for fault codes using a diagnostic scan tool. Some parts stores will do this for FREE for you. If none in your area will, then you will have to take it into a shop to have this done.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 12 days ago.

Unless you have any other questions on this specific issue, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks