Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

My 2012 JK Wrangler jeep, ESC Light indicator, came on and

Customer Question

My 2012 JK Wrangler jeep, ESC Light indicator, came on and it wont go off, also the cruise controll wont work..
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Jeep Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothin is it a fuse?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Are you planning on repairing this issue yourself, or are you just looking at what could be wrong?

If your going to be repairing this then the very first step will be to connect a scantool to see what codes the ABS module has because to be honest with your cruise not working it's very likely a bad wheel speed sensor, but you won't know for sure and which wheel until you know what codes it has.. We have replaced quite a few wheel speed sensors on all the wheels so I wouldn't want to guess and tell you which one and it be the wrong one and your out the cash for the sensor.. But the good news is that the wheel speed sensors are only around 30.00 so they are cheap,

Talk soon,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad