Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified
49095596

I have an Impulse Electronic brake control that I need to

Customer Question

I have an Impulse Electronic brake control that I need to attach to my 2014 diesel 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It has a factory installed towing package. I need to know where, under the dash, I find the quick connect the controller attaches to.
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2014 model and 1 month ago.
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My very handy and somewhat knowledgeable brother in law will be assisting me. We add one to my last towing vehicle. It was basically reach under the dash, find the quick connect and plug in the brake controller to it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just where to find the quick connect under the dash. I presume there will be one.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The last 8 of the VIN are:EC378398. And it has 55,000 miles. It is a 2014 deiseal Jeep grand Cherokee with a factory installed towing package. I want to tow a travel trailer with it and need to know where to find the plug in for the electric trailer brake controller. usually it is under the dash board somewhere.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Ok, this vehicle does have the trailer brake provision but it may not be an actual connector, there should be a jumper harness with cut wires that should be taped to the harness near the electric brake provision module. Located left instrument panel area above left kick panel. See the following documents for additional info...

--->> Click Here to view <<---

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >>> My Profile Page <<< in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
A part I need won't arrive until Thursday and will try installing after that. Will rate your assistance then.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

No problem, thank you.

I'm here for when you have any questions..

Thank you,

Robert