Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

Glovebox removal 2005 grand Cherokee, how to release lower

Customer Question

glovebox removal 2005 grand Cherokee, how to release lower left/right "pins"?
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: "slide" on rt side disconnected, top 2 "stop clips" disconnected, how to release lower "pins"
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 11 days ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Click >>HERE<< to view directions to remove the glovebox..

Glad I could help and I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I get credit for helping. You can still ask follow up questions after the rating..

I hope this helps you and in the future feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Everything in ur answer I already know and have done, BUT how do u release the door hinges ???
Expert:  Brad replied 11 days ago.

When you release the top tabs the door will fall out and come out the bottom...

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Door did not fall out, need to releasr lower "hinge pins", HOW???
Expert:  Brad replied 11 days ago.

If you have the top tabs released the the door is rolling out then just pull the glovebox and it will come out. The bottom has 3 hinges, the two outside and turned in and the middle it turned in. Just roll the glovebox down and pull it out. Grab a flashlight and watch the bottom hinges and you will see how it comes out.

Expert:  Brad replied 11 days ago.

Do you need more help?

Expert:  Brad replied 8 days ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 5 days ago.

Have a great day,

Brad