Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I purchased a 2002 grand cherokee 4.7 engine. Bad engine so

Customer Question

Chris, I purchased a 2002 grand cherokee 4.7 engine. Bad engine so hired a mechanic to rebuild. Complete rebuild. engine cleaned all new parts. Had valve jobs done . Mechanic put engine back in. Drove it 3 miles it cut off . got it running again drove back to shop. Seems it over heated dropped valve broke piston. had heads fixed checked seating . reinstalled motor. Valves knocking. pulled valve covers . Driver side 8 valves. first one not oiling. 2 oiling 3not oiling 4 oiling 5 not oiling 6 oiling 7 light oiling 8 oiling.. pulled motor out cleaned oil lines in head. back in car. Still has same problem. Mechanic is going crazy. any ideas.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I explained the problem . the valves
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Mechanic. I paid for complete engine overhaul . He is trying to fix it. we are looking for help
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Did I not give enough info. No one interested?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The motor has very good oil pressure so I'm told the bottom is ok. Just need an expert to help us figure out what prevents the oil from getting to all lifters?
Expert:  mike switzer replied 15 days ago.

was the block hot tanked? sounds like the head gaskets may have been put on backwards blocking oil passages

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Mike the Block was sent to machine shop and cleaned. Gaskets were checked and have been replaced twice between each breakdown. Were sure to install correctly. Thought that was the problem to start with. but it was not. Strong oil pressure now.

ok I was just making sure. I have seen oiling problems on these before give me a moment to do some searching to refresh my memory.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have paid $26 for the question. I want help but I am not paying $26 for the phone call too

I did not send a request for a phone call. I will open this question up so someone else may deal with you

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry Mike. This is my first try with Answer .com. I would prefer a phone call. But they want to charge extra for it. I was told I could ask a question for $8.00. from some one who has used it before, but they charged me $26. They want another $26 for the phone call. Now I am really lost.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 14 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** are users of the site just as you. Customer service for the site can help you with any money concerns. Phone calls are a premium service over and above the question. You can post back and forth here as needed for whatever your question value was and work with an expert such as myself. I have a shop but help here as time allows in between jobs. The site credits the experts a percentage of the question value so in order to get an expert on the phone with you as a premium service the site splits that with the expert. Reach out to customer service but if you want a call but dont want to pay someone for their time to take a call you can continue here. Would you like me to try to help you here?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
i dont want to call could i get an answer to my question. if not i want a refund. i agree you experts should be paid.