Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

My daughter drove her '08 Jeep Liberty in 4-wheel low at

Customer Question

My daughter drove her '08 Jeep Liberty in 4-wheel low at about 40 mph for about 15 minutes. When she slowed down, the esp light came on, and is staying on. Did she do damage going that fast ? what caused the ESP light ?
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: No, it came on when she slowed down to go around a traffic circle, and then stayed on until she shut the vehicle off when she got to work about 3 minutes later
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This just happened 40 minutes ago. I haven't seen the vehicle, she is just asking me what happened. I do do some of my own work, but I don't mess with transmissions
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all I know now
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Is the BAS and ABS light on as well or is the ESC the only light on? It could be just a bad wheel speed sensor and the first thing you will need to do is connect a scantool and see what codes it has..