Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have an 08 liberty 3.7 that I'm trying to flush the heater

Customer Question

I have an 08 liberty 3.7 that I'm trying to flush the heater core on, I can't get the heater hoses off though. I have replaced many heater cores but I have never encountered heater hoses I can't get off for a flush. Any advice?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No leaking, and no coolant smell anywhere, but the dealership says the core is bad. I don't believe them bc both heater hoses are warm but the inlet hose is slightly warmer hence why I wanna flush the heater core first.
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've replaced the thermostat, and the dealership did the water pump, they said it needs a new heater core but want $1300 to fix it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's why I want to flush the heater core, to make sure it just isn't clogged, I've also tried purging the cooling system of air multiple times.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I really just need to know how to disconnect the heater hoses so I can flush the heater core, do you have an answer for how to remove them?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm actually cancelling my membership, I didn't realize that I'm actually getting charged $26 for asking a question.