Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2005 jeep liberty with 114k miles. last night during heavy

Customer Question

2005 jeep liberty with 114k miles. last night during heavy rain horn started honking and lights flashing. it would start but kill right after. we disconnected battery to stop honking. now today the horn honks when the battery is connected and it wont turn over. we tried a new battery and changed battery in key fob. nothing changed.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Do you know if there are codes stored?

Any aftermarket electronics on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no and no. i did forget to mention that husband got in car a couple times to try and start it to see if horn would stop blowing- it would start and run for 2-3 sec then kill after about 3rd time it them would not turn over at all. could it be the SKIM? and if so does it have to be towed to dealer to reset/fix that? or can we just get dealer to program new key? we only have the one key for the car so i cant check it with another key.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it just started - drove it to machanic

Yes you can be having intermittent SKIM module issues. They will need to at the least program 2 keys to the vehicle now since it has started. There should of been codes stored. Maybe your tool is not good enough. In the event you need more help if you can get the codes for me that the mechanic retrieves let me know.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris