Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My starter went out and I can't figure out where the starter

Customer Question

My starter went out and I can't figure out where the starter is located
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: One click. I tried replacing the relay but it didnt work.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 06 grand Cherokee 5.7 limited
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes fixing myself. And I've tried changing the starter relay and I know the fuel relay is working because I can hear it buzz but I just can't locate the starter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all thanks!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

The starter on yours is located on the driver side of the engine at the lower rear. I have attached directions for you

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

At this time, unless you have a related followup question on this at this time, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.