Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

My 2005 jeep cherokee won't start it just clicks I have

Customer Question

My 2005 jeep cherokee won't start it just clicks I have called AAA to bring me a battery. What do you think it could be?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: My name is***** and I am at home wanting to leave to go to church.
JA: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just started today.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The dashboard shows all the icons also.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.

I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.

When you try to start it, is it clicking really fast? or is it a single click when you hold the starter on? If it is a rapid clicking then the battery is definatly low or near dead. and replacing it should all that is needed to start. If it is a single click it still is most likely the battery but the starter could be going bad as well. Let me know what questions you have on this and I will do my best to answer them. Or if you would prefer the phone call option.

I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.

Thanks

Sonny

Do you still need help with this?

Please let me know.

Did my advice help? If so would you leave a positive rating for me?

But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.

Thanks

Sonny

were you able to get your jeep fixed?