Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

2008 jeep grand Cherokee. goes into limp mode, transmission

Customer Question

2008 jeep grand Cherokee . goes into limp mode , transmission won't shift right , will not exceed 30 mph. Goodyear said bad connection on a module around the throttle body , said that module was about 800.00 has to due with temp , trans sensor ??? need some help ?
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded. Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Goodyear worked on connection to this module , thought we had it fixed , but every week or two , goes back into limp mode. What's that module called ?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 7 days ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Are you looking for a second opinion? If you are then I would be glad to help but first I really need to know the exact P code that are setting to get a idea on what is going on inside your transmission.. If you have them post them here and I will tell you how to fix it..

Talk soon,

Brad