Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Blower control nob only works on high speed, 2006 jeep

Customer Question

blower control nob only works on high speed
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2006 jeep liberty
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes have not triedanything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Eric replied 6 days ago.

HI,

Ok, the most common cause is the blower motor resistor, located behind the glove box- see attachment, but may be the blower switch or melted wiring at the resistor connector

Disconnect the the harness connector and inspect it for signs of melting and replace connector if found.

If ok, at the resistor itself, with an ohmmeter, check resisance between each of the terminals and if missing from between any two, replace the resistor.

If both wiring and resistor are good, then replace the climate control panel with blower switch

9 times out of ten it is the resistor

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 5 days ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.