Ivan Alvarez
Ivan Alvarez,
Experience:  lead technician at Performance Tire and Automotive
96641215

I took my Jeep Cherokee 2015 ( 18 000 miles) today to a

Customer Question

I took my Jeep Cherokee 2015 ( 18 000 miles) today to a dealership for a regular oil change and they told me that it needs Service of Throttlle Body ( $ 90 ) , Fuel Injection Service ( $90) and Replacement of Air Cleaner Element ( $41) as a part of missing 15K miles maintenance. However - I lokked into the oficial service schedule in my manuals and found NONE of the recommended services in it. I talke to teh dealer - he said that these are their recommendation based on the area ( Oregon is the most dusty state in US ?) . Whi is right ? Thanks. Sergie.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: everything is allright - it starst OK as usual
JA: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ivan Alvarez replied 12 days ago.

fuel injection service is not necessary. Throttle service also shouldn't be necessary at this mileage. The only thing would be your air filter for the dusty conditions. This are up sale services that they will try to sell as maintenance, but based on your mileage they are not needed.

You can get an air filter and install it yourself for half the cost.