Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Radiator fan motor dose not come to cool radiator need

Customer Question

radiator fan motor dose not come to cool radiator need locate sending unit or any help you give me thanks
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: It has overheated the radiator burst I have jump the motor it dose run I need to locate the fuses also locate relays
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2000 rangler in line 6
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have jump battery to the motor it runs also I put two size fuses 30amp and 20 it did not below either one I have a book ? Ineed locate the fuse and relays
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no ,thanks for asking
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 19 days ago.

The common thing to fail is the cooling fan relay. Check the Gray wire for B+. Jump the Gray wire to the Dark Green wire. The fan should run. Check the Black wire for a good ground. Ground the Dark Blue/Pink wire to energize the relay and the fan should run. If good replace the relay, The radiator fan relay is located behind the vacuum reservoir, under the right front inner fender. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks for a quick answer I will do this tomorrow
Expert:  Dan replied 19 days ago.

No problem, let me know how it turns out or if you need anything. Thanks again and have a good night!