rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I'm trying to change the spark plugs on a 2003 jeep grand

Customer Question

I'm trying to change the spark plugs on a 2003 jeep grand Cherokee overland
JA: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?
Customer: I've never changed the plugs. I got it with 97.000 miles and I'm at 140.000. It's burning way too rich so I thought I'd give this a try before I replaced the sensors.
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I've gotten a few things out of the way for easyier access to the pugs themselves. that's ti. it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 20 days ago.

Plugs have nothing to do with running rich, but MAP sensor, O2 sensor, MAF sensor and fuel pressure regulator do.

If you're willing to find out what it is for sure, I can help you do that, but you will need some tools to help us.

These tools are also available at most parts stores for just a deposit such as a scan tool, and fuel pressure tester.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Yep. That was worth $26.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 20 days ago.

Most definitely, I saved you from wasting time and money. Shall we continue to get this fixed?

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars and keep this link for when you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I already had it diagnosed. I asked how to change the plugs. You wasted time and charged me for obviouse, non-answers.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Nope. I did not ask for advice to go to the auto parts store. I did that. I wanted to change the plugs.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 20 days ago.

So you had it diagnosed already and they told you that the plugs are causing you to run rich? Let me know if you really want to get this fixed and I will help you, otherwise, let's not waste each others time.