sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2009 Jeep Compass 2.4L. I was having intermittent

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 2009 Jeep Compass 2.4L. I was having intermittent "limp modes" with the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) dashboard red light coming on. I removed and cleaned my electronic throttle body with throttle cleaner and reinstalled it. Now the Jeep won't start at all, won't turn the starter. Now the ETC light stays on. For some reason, the radio isn't working. When turning the key, all I get is a click like once a second for about 8 secs, then nothing. Thinking maybe its the battery, I hooked up a jumpstarter, but it indicated the battery was fully charged. What do I do now???
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

A single click from the engine compartment is often the result of a bad starter but there are quite a few things that could be going on. You could have a cable or connection issue, bad TIPM, ignition switch, a wiring issue, or it could definitely be a low battery.

Did you actually try jumping it with a jump box, and if so did the symptoms change at all?