Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

The rear dome light on my 2016 Cherokee will not go off. How

Customer Question

The rear dome light on my 2016 Cherokee will not go off. How do I turn it off?
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: Yes, All I can find is how to change the bulb.
JA: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. I just got the jeep and thought there might be a switch I can't find.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Joe replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

On the light make sure the switch is set to door and not on, next this depends on if rear cargo door light or rear middle seats light to what switches to check, each door has a switch. So for instance if middle seat light then you would want to check the door ajar switch on each of the two rear doors however being a 2016 I would suggest that unless a door is not fully closed (open and close each a little harder) and light is not set to on, then you take the vehicle to the dealer since it should be under warranty.

If all dome lights were on then it would usually be the dimmer/light on dash set to on on this you however say it is only the one light.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.