sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I am trying to replace the front bumper cover on a jeep

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the front bumper cover on a jeep wrangler 2011..I have removed 2 bolts on each side and the bumper cover becomes loose... i try to get pull the bumper cover off and it will not come off.. seems like it is hung up on tow hooks but then also seems like it might still be attached... please help if you know what i am doing wrong
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I'm not sure what you missed but I attached the directions for you to look over.. Let me know if you need anymore help..

Brad

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was looking to take off just the bumper cover
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You opted out the expert helping you preventing him from further communication. Did you no longer need help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i sent him back a message regarding the fact that i was looking to take off the bumper cover, not the whole bumper... he never responded so it gave me the option to change to a new expert which is what i did... alll he did was forward the skematic of how to take the bumper off... i had found that online myself.... didnt really seem like real expert help to just forward me the same drawing i can find online.... some acutal real world expericince would be great but didnt seem that way
Are you able to upload a picture showing the exact problem you're having?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no, not how to take off bumper cover... only the cover...... the info on how to take the whole bumper off is available to anyone online, but that is not what i was looking to do

You mentioned a specific issue you were having so I was hoping to see exactly what you were talking about. There are no printed instructions for removing the cover, the only procedure is for replacement. If I can see the actual issue you're having I can try to help guide you through it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i stated my exact issue in the beginning... have you removed one of these covers before?

There is not a procedure to remove the cover, only to replace the bumper assembly. I have not seen anyone try to replace the cover. If you're trying to do something there is not a procedure for then you're left to your own ingenuity. I'm trying to determine exactly what issue you're having since you are unable to. You seemed to believe it was hanging up on tow hooks and I'd need to see the specific issue you're having to tr to determine what needs to be done without being able to be at the vehicle myself.