Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

ANOTHER HOW TO DISABLE MY 98 GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED THE

Customer Question

ANOTHER HOW TO DISABLE MY 98 GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED THE PASSENGER DOOR KEY NO LONGER WORKS THE ALARM IS ACTIVE AND I WAS WONDERING IF YOU THE METHOD I JUST READ WILL WORK? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME MIKE
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

YES, this can be done. You would need to tap the disarm wire or circuit to ground. If the door is open when doing this, the jamb switch will have to be held in. Verify that all ajar switches are open to ground. All should have 5 volts or above for the module to disarm. Also, the keys need to be out of the ignition switch.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Here is a wiring diagram of the BCM and security features of this vehicle. You can see the disarm circuit on pin 10 of connector 3 of the BCM.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

You should be able to click on the image to zoom in to better view it..

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

I am glad I can help! I am going to get some sleep.

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I will be back on line first thing in the morning.

Have a good night!!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
THIS IS LESS THAN EXPECTED ...TAP TO GROUND? DO I SPLICE IT AND RUN IT TO GROUND?...THE ALARM IS STILL GOING ON I HAVE TO PULL THE BATT TO WORK ON IT
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! Was having some connection problems.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Do not splice. Cut it and tap it to ground or attach it to ground. Try tapping it to ground first to see if that does the trick. If not, you may have to permanently attach it to ground.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

I would go right to the BCM and ground this wire. This will be sure the BCM gets a signal in case there is a wiring issue on that circuit.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
SORRY...WHERE IS THE BCM LOCATED? I WAS TOLD TO DO THIS BY THE DRIVER SIDE KICK PLATE
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Let me find you a pic

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

The BCM is located on the Lower LH Side Of I/P

Here is the R and R procedure. (just so you get an idea of where it is..)

Remove the steering column opening cover/knee blocker from the instrument panel.
Remove the four screws located below the outboard switch pod that secure the Body Control Module to the instrument panel armature Body Control Module Remove/Install.
Move the BCM towards the steering column far enough to access the three wire harness connectors.
Unplug the wire harness connectors from the BCM.
Remove the BCM from the instrument panel.
Reverse the removal procedures to install. Tighten the mounting screws to 2.2 N·m (20 in. lbs.)

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? If so, please let me know.

I will be happy to help!