sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

The sky slider will not close in the back, 2010, yes

Customer Question

the sky slider will not close in the back
JA: What year is your Sky?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your Sky yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes cleaning the slide
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 21 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what model vehicle this is here?

Does it make any noise when trying to open and close it at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
liberty no noise
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 21 days ago.

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this here myself but others here see you have requested a call and may still call you on this.I can however continue here.

Just to be sure this is the sun roof assembly we are speaking of or is this a rear sliding window?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
sky slider roof won't close at the back end . There are pins (about 1/8" dia) at the rear of the canvas that fit into sliders. These were lose so we have re-pnned them, but the forward arm on the sliders(about 6" long ) seems to be in the wrong track. The roof slides ok, but won't close the last 2" at the rear. Wemust have the arm in the iron location?
Expert:  Pete replied 21 days ago.

O.k.,unfortunately my info isnt showing me the smaller components of the track assembly for this model here to help with this fully.I will have to see if anyone else can assist further on this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you have physical damage to the top components which will require replacement of the assembly. The motor and cables are available as service parts, the rest of the assembly is serviced as a unit.

Are you able to upload a picture of what you're seeing?