Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, I resettled my 8.1" navigation

Customer Question

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee , I resettled my 8.1" navigation screen and now I have better yet it loaded with an srt navigation screen but there are a lot of functions missing at the bottom of screen is: the u connect apps function as well as the heated seats and steering wheel option ? How do I go about getting the right software/navigation green to reload ?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

It does sound like a software error here causing this fault.In order to obtain the correct software and have it installed this usually has to be done by a dealer or authorized repair facility that works on this model here and has access to reprogramming.Unfortunately this does require their computer to upload the software in this model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Brad replied 20 days ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I can provide you with the factory software for your radio, all you will need is a USB jump drive to load it if you like.. I will just need your VIN number..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
What's a usb jump drive ? Before we start
Here's my vin anyway
1c4rjfbg1ec335713
Expert:  Brad replied 20 days ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

Can you tell me how you first updated the software in your radio? To update the radio you will need a USB jumpdrive like >>THIS<<.

Expert:  Brad replied 20 days ago.

That VIN shows you do not have a SRT so if you loaded SRT software into the radio then that is the problem..

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
All I did was reset radio didn't upload anything and when it came back on this is what loaded the srt style radio minus many functions
Expert:  Brad replied 20 days ago.

How did you reset the radio and why?

Expert:  Brad replied 20 days ago.

Do you want the factory software to update the radio?

Expert:  Brad replied 20 days ago.

Hello?

Expert:  Brad replied 20 days ago.

Do you still want the software? I'm standing by...........

Expert:  Brad replied 19 days ago.

This is still an open question, I need to know if you still need help?