Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I repaired my front propeller drive shaft on a 2006 jerp

Customer Question

I repaired my front propeller drive shaft on a 2006 jerp liberty. Test drive. Everything seemed ok. The I shifted the transfer case to try 4x4. Started grinding and rolling backward. The transmission shifts and semis to be spinning. The transfer case shifter lost all tension. Handle moves through all selection without resistance.
Could a cable be broke or do you think the transfer case is broke
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 27 days ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

It could be a bad bushing on the shifter.. Have you crawled under the vehicle and have someone move the shifter to see if the bushing is bad? Can I get your VIN so I can see how the cable/bushings are serviced on your vehicle?

Talk soon,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 23 days ago.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad