Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Jeep liberty year 2005. Engine light keeps coming on, has

Customer Question

jeep liberty year 2005. Engine light keeps coming on, has been tested now 4 times. last time we replaced O2 sensors and we leave garage and light comes back on.
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: I can only assume that the garage checked for the above. Would that not be the first thing one would do??
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hae taken to a Jeep place and last time was to Monro Muffler.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is the cost for the service? and I do not have the code, should I call and get the code before proceeding any further?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 24 days ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

What P codes are setting?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
As I told the interviewer I do not have any codes, and he sent me directly to your web site. O2 sensors replaced and still engine light comes back on. Mechanic at Monro Muffler says it is either a ground strap or the Power control module. anythoughts
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No I am not working on the car, it has been at the Jeep dealers twice for a computer test and the last was 2 weeks ago
at Monro muffler. The light has been on for at least two years and I have spent a good deal of money trying to find out
why from a technician
Expert:  Brad replied 24 days ago.

If the check engine light is on then there are diagnostic codes set in the PCM.. I will need for you to have the PCM scanned and give me the actual P codes so I can see what is going on.. Without the codes it's anyone guess as to what is wrong.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Well tell that to your interviewer because I told him I did not have the codies. As this has been a waste of our time and my time I will expect to see my deposit of $5.00 returned to credit card
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Expert:  Brad replied 24 days ago.

I can't help you repair it unless you can provide me with the codes that are stored in the PCM. You also will not be able to repair it without knowing what's wrong.. your best bet is to run down to your local parts store and have them scan it free of charge.. Post the P codes here when you get them.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
In the meantime I request a refund of the $5.00 deposit. Please
Expert:  Brad replied 24 days ago.

Any luck on the codes?