Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

My 2000 grand Cherokee won't start all of a sudden, I just

Customer Question

My 2000 grand Cherokee won't start all of a sudden
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I just replaced the battery about a month ago and cleaned the terminals. I put the transmission lubrication jelly on the terminals to keep them clean. They're not corroded or dirty
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am. I have only tried checking the terminals and the fuse relays. I've also tried to reengage the park position switch by shifting it out of park and into neutral then shifting it back into park. I'm thinking it's either wiring or the starter solenoid
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the battery seems fine. All my lights turn on and stay on as well as my radio. But when I turn the ignition nothing happens. It worked 12 hours ago just fine but doesn't seem to work now
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- lets check the starter relay

first

2- check the cables from battery to starter for being loose ?

3- have you checked for 12 volts on the starter solenoid with key in start position ?

4- i have sent you a picture location of the starter relay

5- have all fuses been checked ?

6- how does the ignition feels , tight or loose

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

hey how are you

hopefully you found it, a starter relay or a starter

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat