sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 2010 Jeep Liberty was running fine just a few minutes ago

Customer Question

My 2010 Jeep Liberty was running fine just a few minutes ago when I shut it off. Now when I try to start there seems to be no actual "ignition". It's just sort of stuck in start mode. Have you seen this before?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Thanks. Yes all seems fine. Engine turns over it just sort of acts like it's out of gas.. (but it isn't)..
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2010 Jeep Liberty 3.7 L
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tired just disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery. Same issue.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just if this is a known issue or might it be a unique case?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that will cause a no start condition and it will take some testing to determine what is going on. You may be missing spark due to a number of possible causes such as the crank sensor or w wiring issue, you could be missing fuel pressure due to a pump or wiring issue.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a code reader or scan tool to check for fault codes. Have you checked for codes?