sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Like to ask I have a jeep grand cherokke diesl and have 2

Customer Question

like to ask I have a jeep grand cherokke diesl and have 2 messages 1) exhaust filter 100% fuel see dealer and the 2) service electronoc throttle control the problem is that I'm in Mexico and there is no service for disel
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: yes but it runs realy slow
JA: What year is your Grand Cherokee?
Customer: 2014
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Jeep grand cheroke/ summit 4x4
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no the dealer use a diagnostic and recommend to change the EXHAUST-DIESEL PARTICULATE
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The ETC light is most likely coming on because of the particulate filter issue if both problems started at the same time.

If the particulate filter is full it's either due to something creating excess soot, incorrect driving style, or an issue preventing regeneration from happening.

It looks as though the problem has been diagnosed by a dealer. What kind of help were you looking for?