Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Trying to put a basket case back together. 1979 cj7 with a

Customer Question

Trying to put a basket case back together. 1979 cj7 with a 304
JA: Are you fixing your CJ7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: got the motor rebuilt, can't get the alternator and brackets figured out
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: manual trans
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Project that I should not have started
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases you may have to contact a local classic auto repair facility in your area to see if they can tell you for sure how these are installed on this model since no one has posted this info here.If this is or was already attempted or is not an option for you let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I got the alternator on the Jeep. I have a Chilton, a Hanes and finally found and ordered the Jeep mechanics manual. Thanks for responding.
Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

That is great to hear.I apologize I didnt have the correct info you were looking for but at the same time wanted to make sure you had some kind of response that may have helped here.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know as I strive to achieve a 5 star rating.

Thanks Pete