Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I had my throttle body cleaned because my jeep compass lost

Customer Question

Hi - I had my throttle body cleaned because my jeep compass lost all power last week. That turned the light off, but today while driving, the car just turned off in the middle of me turning. Lost power steering and everything.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It's just happened once. But it was very scary, I could have easily been T-Boned as the car just stopped in the middle of turning.
JA: What year is your Compass?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Compass yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not fixing myself, but I feel the dealer's have no clue on what to do. Last Friday while driving to work, the car's power really died down and I couldn't drive faster than 25 mph. I drove it to a mechanic and they recommended cleaning the throttle body to take the light off and return it to normal driving. I drove it 5 miles when I had this issue. I've drove it for another 20 now without a problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It seems by looking online that this problem is common with Jeeps, but Nobody really has a solution.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am a shop foreman at a dealer and have seen this before. Cleaning the throttle body on this vehicle usually does not help because it is an electronic throttle body. Replacing the throttle body is the correct solution. So I highly recommend that you ask your.

Chrismechanic to replace it. I am 99% sure this will resolve the issue

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am a shop foreman at a dealer and have seen this before. Cleaning the throttle body on this vehicle usually does not help because it is an electronic throttle body. Replacing the throttle body is the correct solution. So I highly recommend that you ask your. mechanic to replace it. I am 99% sure this will resolve the issue Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

I hope that this information is helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you! Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello? Did you see my answer?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello??