Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2011 GC Overland with panoramic sunroof. Getting a

Customer Question

I have a 2011 GC Overland with panoramic sunroof. Getting a "loose screw" noise from the rear of the moving panel and can hear more-than-normal wind noise when driving from the same area. Tried to see something loose but the spring-loaded plastic cover makes it hard to see whats inside. Thoughts?
JA: What is the model of your '11 Jeep?
Customer: Grand Cherokee Overland
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Thought there was a loose fastener but haven't seen anything so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a loose bracket for the roof system itself.You may have to have the head liner removed to inspect this fully to locate the source of the fault then repaired.Most likely this is also causing this wind noise issue here as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete