Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

I swapped out my pcm. Locksmith came out and rekeyed. Now it

Customer Question

I swapped out my pcm. Locksmith came out and rekeyed. Now it won't turn over and security light stays on. I have an after market Bullydog programmer that reads the codes. It's telling me wrong security key and soleinoid D? aNY SUGGESTIONS
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: It flashes when you turn the key and then stays solid. I've tried the putting positive to negative for 30 seconds and the pulling the wcm fuse for 30 seconds? what else should I try?
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2007 Jeep wrangler unlimited x. 3.8 L
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler Unlimited yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, the keyfob works locking and unlocking the door. The pcm went out so I have another 2007 wrangler same engine as mine. Swapped it and had the skimmed code read by a locksmith who rekeyed it. Tried locking and unlocking with the keyfob and then try to start, nothing. tried the fuse trick, battery cable trick and the rekey procedure
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: na that's it lol
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hi there,

Still have the original PCM?

Otherwise you'll be taking it on a truck to a Jeep dealer to get them to link the PCM to the immobilizer the CORRECT way.

Don't trust any locksmith guy to do this sort of thing, just let them do lock coding.

Gary

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

Sorry for not giving some good news today.

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

Please rate my service at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards

Gary