Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

I am at 30,500 I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD and

Customer Question

I am at 30,500 I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD and last week the check engine light went out it goes on and off jeep drives fine was hoping to wait until 35K service but not sure if I should bring in now.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on but then goes away for days at a time just came on yesterday after nothing in the last 5 days.
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have not really done anything yet just started researching so i had some ideas before i took in to Jeep dealer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope the Jeep runs great
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

The check engine light comes on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to know which sensor is failing you would need to have the system scanned. That being said In most cases you will not notice any difference in the way the engine runs because the computer system has a back up strategy . As long as the light is not flashing you are safe to wait till you can get it in and no harm will be done by doing so. If you have more questions and or need more help post back and we can work from there.