Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I bought use a 2015 jeep cherokee latitute 4x4 v6 3.2 l. It

Customer Question

I bought use a 2015 jeep cherokee latitute 4x4 v6 3.2 l. It was running fine, but it made a clicking sound on tight turns. My cousin alex put up on a 4 arm lift to check the suspension (u joints). They were fine. That is all he did. Now the selec terrain 4 x 4 panel keeps blinking randomly (not the auto-snow-sport-mud/sand indicators), but just random blinking lights. He could not figure out what was wrong. I cannot find any literature. There also seems to be a whine coming from the car, it could be anything. Have you ever run into that issue?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: From the bottom. Just today. There are not warning lights.
JA: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. I was trying to figure why the select terrain panel would just have this random blinking lights.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Just wanted to see if lifting the jeep up on the 4 prong rack would cause they weird situation. My cousin told me he was sure the light was placed correctly on the frame.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I meant to say the 4 prong lift rack was placed correctly on the car frame. The blinking lights on the select terrain 4x4 panel only happen when the car is in drive. They do not happen in neural, park and but I not sure about reverse. The car seems to run fun and it switches from on 4x4 mode to another. It is just those weird random blinking light on the panel. My cousin was stumped and scared because I was upset. He is a decent mechanic and he thought it was just the processor lights below the panel, but those random blinking light where not there before.
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Did your cousin run the vehicle and put the transmission gear to spin the wheels while the wheels were off the ground?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. I watched him. The car was off. He was just doing a visual inspection. He did take it for a test drive in a vacant parking lot and we made multiple sharp turns to see at slow speeds to see if we could duplicate the original concern (clicking sound in front tires when turning). Then he put it up on a 4 arm rack and lifted it 6 feet in the air to look at the u-joints. He found no issue and when I drove off that is when I noticed the blinking light pattern (not the lights for the settings auto-snow-sport-mud/sand) but just to the right side of those controls.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Don't mean to be rude Robert R, but are we done or are you still trying to figure things out for . If we are done, then I do not feel like you answered my question. And I like to at least know if there any similar issues with the system before I take it in to the dealer to check it out.