Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

Driving in 2007 Cherokee a fast but soft clicking noise from

Customer Question

Driving long in 2007 Cherokee a fast but soft clicking noise from what I thought was from transmission area started. I immediately pulled over to verge and by that time the engine had stopped by itself. I ventured to start it and it turned over about 6 times but did not start now it will not turn over but just a clunk as though seine do. Could a transmission fault jam the engine? Is it engine or transmissions? There is oil in the engine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I hardly ever see a transmission cause this UNLESS it is torque converter bolt(s) that became loose and jammed up against the back of the engine block or torque converter. This is most likely an engine issue. But a reputable garage should be able to determine if it is an engine or transmission problem fairly quickly.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Cheers!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Error. My email is ******@**********.co.uk
Yes I knw that!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I cannot say your answer helped in anyway. I cannot rate you.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

You asked if a transmission fault could jam the engine, and I answered you honestly. I am not there to touch/look at your Jeep, and answered your question based on what you told me. What else do you wish?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Chris what you just told me is the bleeding obvious. I don't need any answers to advise that kind of help and advice I will not pay for that!
If you don't know the problem then you should say so and that's the end of it.
Make sure no payment is taken
Expert:  Brad replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Do you still need some help?