FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2014 Jeep Wrangler. When I turn right, at any speed, the ESC

Customer Question

2014 Jeep Wrangler. When I turn right, at any speed, the ESC light flashes and the anti lock brakes engage and I have no throttle control. When I straighten the wheel, all goes back to normal. Left turns are normal. I have a 4 inch lift kit and 35X12.50 tires.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  FixItMan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the vehicle ever been in an accident? Did this occur right after the lift kit was installed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I hit a deer before I installed the lift kit and it did it right after the deer. I reported it to the shop that fix my jeep and they said they couldn't find a problem. It didn't happen again right after I installed the lift kit but it has started again and some days it only happens once or twice and other days it happens a lot.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. The only way to know for sure why it is coming on it to install a scan tool and monitor the stability control module and see why it is turning it on. From what you are explaining though it sounds like there is a steering angle issue. If the steering any sensor is not reading correctly then this will occur. Most of the time this will occur if the alignment is off, but if the steering wheel is straight then the sensor may be bad. It can also be the yaw sensor but that is not as common.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just had the alignment done in July. It drives straight, the steering wheel is straight and the tires aren't wearing strange but I do have to agree with a steering problem. It does seem to require more turning of the steering wheel to the right to get the same to the left. With a strong crosswind from the right while driving also causes the same problem while crabbing into the wind.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As I sit here and think about it. I can also tell you that it happens when I hit the brakes too. Could it be a wheel speed sensor?
Expert:  FixItMan replied 3 months ago.

It can be. If one of the sensors is reading incorrectly during that turning maneuver then this will occur.