Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2007 Wrangler, the other day I was involved in a

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Wrangler, the other day I was involved in a panic stop due to a truck spinning out in front of me, after I hit the brakes and then proceeded I've had a sever miss with my engine, it starts but you can hear the miss, any suggestions?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.

The most common cause of a misfire condition on your vehicle would be faulty tune up parts. This is very common and easily fixed by doing a simple tune up.

Some other possible causes (not so common) would be sticking or burned valves

Broken valve springs

faulty fuel injectors

bad camshaft or crankshaft position sensor.

Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Prior to the panic stop it was running perfect and had been, why would the panic stop cause the sever missing?
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.

You may need to add money into your just answer account for a phone call consultation

Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.

It may simply be a coincidence that it happened right after you slammed on the brakes. Or something could have logded itself or moved/shifted either inside the engine or outside of the engine (like the tune up parts) just right so that a plug or something has moved causing the engine to misfire.