Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care

I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty. I bought a replacement Shifter

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty. I bought a replacement Shifter Assembly because the shifter knob comes loose and I noticed some wires broken on it.
I have the floor console up, but can’t get it past the 4-wheel drive shifter!
After that, I’m not sure how to disconnect the gearshift cable and the BTSI cables from the frame of the shifter assembly. I tried simply pulling up, but they are either latched or locked. I’m not familiar with that mechanism.
If I could get the console off and out of the way I’d probably be able to figure that out, but I figure while I have you I may as well ask about those also.
I also have a repair manual on pdf (which has the same exact instructions as here), but it makes it sound a lot simpler than I’m finding it to be. I’m pretty mechanically minded, but I’m no pro!
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 3 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Do you have the four or six cylinder option

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I'll have to go check, it's down two floors, any thing else I made need to check while I'm there?

In that case, give me a moment may not be important.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Give me about 5 minutes.

Hi, are you ready for me yet?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Never mind, I figured it all out while I was waiting for your call.

That's good news! I tried to connect the call, but it wouldn't let me do it due to a payment failure apparently. Either way, I am glad that you were able to figure it out. I hope you have a great day!

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
My wife says we got hit with three charges from justanswer, a $5, $17, and $26, and I have a payment error to boot. I don't mind paying you the $5 for wasting your time. And I'm sure this wasn't your fault. hmm.

Yikes, pal, I am sorry. This is something you should talk to Just Answer about, as I unfortunately do not have any way to fix it.