sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Constant dinging from the jeep while with no mil, freeze

Customer Question

Constant dinging from the jeep while with no mil, freeze frame data or dtc data when scanned. Also when the ignition is in the on position but not started the mil flashes ten times then goes solid indicating it needs to go through a drive cycle for the emissions systems. Yet it never makes it through the cycle with out dinging. When it dings it goes back to the start of the drive cycle on the computer. I am at a loss and ready to simply remove the chime box from the jeep all together.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: The vehicle in question is a 2006 tj rubicon with manual transmission, new cats in the last 5000kms, O2 sensors as well.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Jeep Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your TJ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No hence why I said there is no trouble code, freeze frame data or available/pending dtc codes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not offhand
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if the PCM may be losing a power or ground or is failing internally and this is happening because it is momentarily going down. If the PCM loses memory then all monitor data will be lost. If the PCM loses and regains consciousness while driving that would explain the chime.

Can you try unplugging a sensor to set a fault code, plug it back in and see if the fault code erases itself when the problem happens?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think you misunderstood the issue there isn't a fault present as already stated. All sensors are functioning properly as is the PCM after verifying all input and output voltages. As well as a live time ob2 worldscan live time data logger used during driving. I have already solved the problem as well, Thank you for your time though.