sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Looking for problem on page, want to check solution for only

Customer Question

looking for problem on page, want to check solution for only 3rd brake light and running lights working. Right back turn signal and main brake lights not working. I see that his bulbs were our, so I will check the fuse amd the bulbs, just waiting to go to the auto parts store.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: I have not, I realized last night the brake lights were not work
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2002 liberty
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything. I will try the easy
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My biggest issue is the brake lights. And the fact that I am in SC right now, but need to drive home to FL, a 7.5 hour drive.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several possible causes for the brake lights and turn signals not working and some electrical testing may need to be done to determine exactly what is wrong. The problem may simply be a bulb or socket issue or it may be a wiring, switch or junction block issue.

It appears that the bulbs had not been checked when you posted originally. Have you been able to check or replace the bulbs yet?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I replaced both bulbs, and that worked for the day. Tonight I see that one side has light, but the brake and tail light is out again. The bulb on that side was blown, in fact, the bulb had a hole in it.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 days ago.
Is there moisture in the housing?