Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 1995 wrangler, 4 cly. I am pretty sure the A/C came

Customer Question

I have a 1995 wrangler, 4 cly. I am pretty sure the A/C came from the factory and it looks like a Jeep Air unit mounted under the dash. I need to replace the blower motor but I can't see a way to drop the unit from under the dash. Do I have to remove the dash?
Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Would you like the procedure to remove and replace the blower motor on your vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but it is not the blower motor. It is the air conditioning blower motor.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The motor that is part of the A/C unit
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

NOTE:The blower motor is located on the passenger side of the vehicle under the instrument panel. The blower motor can be removed without having to remove the instrument panel or the HVAC housing.

Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.

Disconnect the wire harness connector from the blower motor
Release the locking tab that secures the blower motor to the HVAC housing and rotate blower motor counterclockwise. Rotate and tilt the blower motor as needed for clearance to remove the blower motor and wheel from the HVAC housing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We may be talking about a different A/C unit. I am pretty sure the one I have came from the factory. I am not at the Jeep right now but I am pretty sure I can't see the blower motor from underneath the instrument panel. But I will look again. What does the locking tab look like?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

This is the picture I have..

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Unless your talking about the cooling fan for the AC system...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
See my first response. it IS the fan for the AC system.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

So your talking about the cooling fan.

Here is the procedure below. The manufacture provides the procedure for the fan and the radiator together just a heads up. So you will see it together as one..

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Remove the top hose at the radiator
Squeeze the radiator overflow hose clamp at the radiator to loosen the hose
Twist and pull the hose off of the overflow tube
Remove the shroud retaining bolts and move the shroud toward the fan
Remove the radiator retaining bolts
Remove the radiator from the vehicle
Drain the radiator by opening the drain cock and removing the radiator pressure cap.

CAUTION
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.

Remove the upper and lower hose clamps and hoses at the radiator.

Disconnect the automatic transmission oil cooler lines at the radiator, if so equipped. Remove the radiator shroud from the radiator, if so equipped.

Remove all attaching screws that secure the radiator to the radiator body support.

Remove the radiator and fan.

Replace in reverse order of the above procedure.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. Not the cooling fan. The AC, Air Conditioner blower motor that is attached to the AC evaporator under the dash inside the car.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Ok, give me a bit while I gather some info for you

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Heating system components

Remove the heater housing cover from the housing-1992 Wrangler shown

Remove the heater core retaining screws

After removing the retaining screws the heater core can be separated from the heater housing

The heater housing assembly must be removed in order to access the heater core.

Drain about two quarts of coolant.

CAUTION
When draining coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.

Remove the heater housing assembly as outlined earlier in this section.

Remove the heater core from the housing.

To install:

Install the heater core to the housing.

Install the heater assembly to the vehicle.

Properly refill and bleed the cooling system.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will give you one more chance before I request a refund. I repeatedly said it was the air conditioner. You have told me about the heater blower, the radiator fan, and now the heater core. I will give you one more chance and please read this: It is the blower motor for the air conditioning system which is separate from the heating system.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Sorry sir, thats all I got.

Maybe another expert can help you.

I will leave this open.